Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: HELP!!! Newb Project: check this out..  (Read 338 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello all,
I need some help/suggestions for this project that im working on.  I’ll explain what im trying to do and welcome any suggestions on components to use and help with how I would write the programming for an ardweeny operating on a 9V battery.  K, here goes:
Project:
-   1 Toggle master switch
-   2 pushbuttons
-   2 recording modules to play tones
-   One electronic latch/solenoid/motor etc..

Purpose:  Im building a wood box that will have a door that will fold down from top to its side.  The sequence I need to have happen is the following:
-   Master toggle switch supplies power to ardweeny and pushbutton #1
-   Once pushbutton #1 is pressed, recording module#1 will play a tone for approximately 10 seconds.
-   After that tone ends, recording module #2 will play a different tone and supply power to pushbutton #2
-   Once pushbutton #2 is pressed, electronic latch is actuated and recording module #2 stops playing tone
-   Master toggle is switched to remove power from entire system

Any ideas on how to accomplish what im asking using some fancy arduino programming and some hardware?  I have an ardweeny on the way with a voltage regulator.  I need to make sure of a few things in the build.  Pushbutton #2 can have no effect UNTIL recording module #2’s tone is being played and that pushbutton #1 have NO effect if pressed during recording module #2’s tone is being played.
Any ideas guys?
(see attached diagram of what it kinda looks like)

* latchproject.jpg (22.91 KB, 720x450 - viewed 10 times.)

Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Don't get hung up with this provides power to that. The project is a perfectly simple sequence that can be done with one arduino generating the two tones and looking at the two buttons in turn.
Do some tutorial examples and get a feel for how it all works and then you will find your project is very easy.
Start off by looking at the tone tutorial.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: