Go Down

Topic: Nice Max5 + Arduino project... finished :) (Read 777 times) previous topic - next topic

julienbayle

Design the Media & I have been targeted & approached about a big Max5 installation project for a permanent exhibition

For newbies, I used the Max5 framework provided & edited by those gurus at Cycling 74
Big up to them!

The Museum is: Musée de la Buzine - Maison des cinématographies de la Méditerranée

It involves:

• 24 systems with OS Windows 7 64bits + 1 server with Windows 2008 server.

• 1 Gigabit Ethernet Network

• 7 touchscreen

• 10 video-projectors

• 20 rfid readers

• 7 arduino boards with 8 buttons + 8 ultrasonic sensors

• 2 multichannel (>4) sound system

I designed the whole system, integrating visuals from a graphic designer, videos from footage makers, sounds from sound designers.

I had to create several tricky systems like:

• a dynamic subtitler for video (using basic .srt files for easy maintenance & change by the customer)
  • a scheduler (using UDP datagrams to shutdown the whole exhibition at particular hours all along the years & using Wake On Lan UDP datagrams to wake up all in the morning too)

• a database integration (it provides a system to make Max5 patches knowing what is the language of the visitor's RFID Card)

• full network connections to remote control all patches with UDP datagrams (put the installation stand by mode to save energy, etc)

• specific Arduino firmwares (input reading + output writing)

• This Museum has been inaugurated by the french Ministry of Culture, 2 days ago.

All infos can be found here
Julien
http://julienbayle.net

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy