Go Down

Topic:  Problem: Arduino & LCD with KS0066 / SPLC780 (Read 7 times) previous topic - next topic

kuhnikuehnast

so... disconnected pin 15 and 16... aaand: still 2 rows of blocks visible... nothing less, nothing more... :-(

really baaad! >:(

kuhnikuehnast

Anyone an Idea what else I could do to fix the problem? Don't wanna expend another 22 Bugs on a new LCd...  :-/

greetings kuhni

floresta

Dec 25, 2010, 02:58 pm Last Edit: Dec 25, 2010, 02:59 pm by floresta Reason: 1
I don't know what happened to all the other LCD guru's. I'm still thinking about it.  It almost has to be something to do with one or more of the six data lines between the Arduino and the LCD.  

Don

floresta

Your display of two rows of blocks is an indication that the LCD is not properly initialized.  This could be due to a wiring problem or a code problem.

I just can't understand why virtually every LCD program author decides that they should deviate from the initialization sequence given in the datasheet.  The code you referenced is another example of this, and it's worse than most.  

Follow the LCD Initialization link at http://web.alfredstate.edu/weimandn, scroll down to the section on 8-Bit Interface, Initialization by Instruction, and compare it to the code you tried.  

The LiquidCrystal library isn't totally correct either and that could possibly be your problem, but it's not likely.  

Don

Go Up