Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Piezo buzzer  (Read 469 times)
The Netherlands
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

When I connect a piezo buzzer to my Arduino Duemilanove (see attachment!), it makes a weak and strange sound when the I/O pin is set to LOW (measured 0,01 V / 0,02 V with a multimeter). When I disconnect the buzzer from the I/O pin or disconnect the Arduino from the power source the sound stops. Even when I play a tone on the buzzer using the tone() function, I still hear this sound (even though it is very weak compared to the tone). I am using digital I/O pin 4 and a frequency of 2048 Hz (rated frequency, see data sheet!).

Data sheet: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/CEM-1203.pdf

There is a schematic in the datasheet with a transistor, but I am not sure if this will solve anything.
Please let me know! Is 0,01 V / 0,02 V too much?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

* piezo_buzzer.png (19.74 KB, 483x722 - viewed 14 times.)

Austin, TX
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Even when I play a tone on the buzzer using the tone() function, I still hear this sound (even though it is very weak compared to the tone). I am using digital I/O pin 4 and a frequency of 2048 Hz (rated frequency, see data sheet!).

Sounds like there is electrical noise.  You might try some really small capacitors from the I/O pin to ground, to filter out the noise.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: