Go Down

Topic: Piezo buzzer (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

lotte1990

Hello,

When I connect a piezo buzzer to my Arduino Duemilanove (see attachment!), it makes a weak and strange sound when the I/O pin is set to LOW (measured 0,01 V / 0,02 V with a multimeter). When I disconnect the buzzer from the I/O pin or disconnect the Arduino from the power source the sound stops. Even when I play a tone on the buzzer using the tone() function, I still hear this sound (even though it is very weak compared to the tone). I am using digital I/O pin 4 and a frequency of 2048 Hz (rated frequency, see data sheet!).

Data sheet: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/CEM-1203.pdf

There is a schematic in the datasheet with a transistor, but I am not sure if this will solve anything.
Please let me know! Is 0,01 V / 0,02 V too much?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

James C4S

Even when I play a tone on the buzzer using the tone() function, I still hear this sound (even though it is very weak compared to the tone). I am using digital I/O pin 4 and a frequency of 2048 Hz (rated frequency, see data sheet!).

Sounds like there is electrical noise.  You might try some really small capacitors from the I/O pin to ground, to filter out the noise.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up