Go Down

Topic: Piezo buzzer (Read 571 times) previous topic - next topic

lotte1990

Hello,

When I connect a piezo buzzer to my Arduino Duemilanove (see attachment!), it makes a weak and strange sound when the I/O pin is set to LOW (measured 0,01 V / 0,02 V with a multimeter). When I disconnect the buzzer from the I/O pin or disconnect the Arduino from the power source the sound stops. Even when I play a tone on the buzzer using the tone() function, I still hear this sound (even though it is very weak compared to the tone). I am using digital I/O pin 4 and a frequency of 2048 Hz (rated frequency, see data sheet!).

Data sheet: http://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Components/CEM-1203.pdf

There is a schematic in the datasheet with a transistor, but I am not sure if this will solve anything.
Please let me know! Is 0,01 V / 0,02 V too much?

Thanks! I really appreciate your help!

James C4S

Even when I play a tone on the buzzer using the tone() function, I still hear this sound (even though it is very weak compared to the tone). I am using digital I/O pin 4 and a frequency of 2048 Hz (rated frequency, see data sheet!).

Sounds like there is electrical noise.  You might try some really small capacitors from the I/O pin to ground, to filter out the noise.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy