Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: deleting Topics  (Read 670 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

What is it with people that ask for help, you get some messages going, then out of the blue I guess they get their answer & delete the topic never to be seen again!
That really irks me.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

The forum software allows deletion of an entire thread by the original poster? That simply shouldn't be.

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Sure, I guess so we can tell folks not to post in multiple places, they can delete the redundant posts.
Allowing deleting the only thread seems like a mistake tho.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

The forum software allows deletion of an entire thread by the original poster? That simply shouldn't be.

Well I recall a few postings in the past where the originator deleted his first opening posting, but all the responding answering posts still remained. I recall because it was so strange seeing a thread with several answering posts but you couldn't tell what the original question was. So now you say the OP can delete the whole thread?

Lefty

CO, USA
God Member
View Profile

Every other forum I've been on, only moderators can delete a topic. Unfortunately, this can get to be a lot of work for moderators, but it saves on losing information. The OP isn't the only one who benefits from the answers given, which is the reason for a no-delete policy.

... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

Silly-con Valley, Ca, U.S.
Lernin' to tinker
View Profile

Another forum I'm on gives you a set amount of time (10 minutes???) to delete a first post. Might be good here.

10 PRINT CHR$(7)
20 GOTO 10

Copenhagen, Denmark
Edison Member
Have you testrun your INO file today?
View Profile

I think the Thread-delete is OK. At least until I read the point CrossRoad made. Havn't experienced that.  Now I am not sure.

I've used the thread delete when I did something stupid or some test like "Can I insert an image here"-type thing.

Undecided.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: