Design the Media & I have been targeted & approached about a big Max5 installation project for a permanent exhibition
For newbies, I used the Max5 framework
provided & edited by those gurus at Cycling 74
Big up to them!
The Museum is: Musée de la Buzine - Maison des cinématographies de la Méditerranée
- 24 systems with OS Windows 7 64bits + 1 server with Windows 2008 server.
- 1 Gigabit Ethernet Network
- 7 touchscreen
- 10 video-projectors
- 20 rfid readers
- 7 arduino boards with 8 buttons + 8 ultrasonic sensors
- 2 multichannel (>4) sound system
I designed the whole system, integrating visuals from a graphic designer, videos from footage makers, sounds from sound designers.
I had to create several tricky systems like:
- a dynamic subtitler for video (using basic .srt files for easy maintenance & change by the customer)
- a scheduler (using UDP datagrams to shutdown the whole exhibition at particular hours all along the years & using Wake On Lan UDP datagrams to wake up all in the morning too)
- a database integration (it provides a system to make Max5 patches knowing what is the language of the visitor’s RFID Card)
- full network connections to remote control all patches with UDP datagrams (put the installation stand by mode to save energy, etc)
- specific Arduino firmwares (input reading + output writing)
- This Museum has been inaugurated by the french Ministry of Culture, 2 days ago.
All infos can be found here