Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GUI library for graphical LCD with or without TouchPanel  (Read 2878 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Has anyone done a GUI library for graphical LCDs?
I mean GUI as in buttons, labels, graphbar, scroll bar, etc...
You can see an example of what I mean in www.visualglcd.com

If there is none, my thought is to use a multidimensional array that defines the various screens and the components on those screen with their atributes. If a touch panel is defined, whenever a touch is detected, I just go thru the various visible components of the current screen and check if the touch falls inside one of their containers. If so, I execute the functions defined.

Example (just a mockup):
Code:
typedef struct  {
int Left : 1 ;  // X coord of the control
int Top : 1 ;  // Y coord of the control
int Width : 1 ;  //  Width of the button
int Height : 1 ;  // Height of the button
bool Visible : True ;  // Is this button visible?
function OnUp : "" ;  // function to call whenever control is released
function OnDown : "" ;  // function to call whenever control is pressed
function OnClick : "" ;  // function to call whenever control is pressed and then released
function OnPress : "" ;  // function to call whenever control is pressed for more than one second
}
Button   ;

Any information or comments? Anyone done or doing something like it?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 05:30:05 pm by sjfaustino » Logged

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

A quick way would be paying the Asking price of $99 and get the software. It seems to be a nice software.

I've seen various projects with elements of that software in posts under exhibition but I've not seen a GUI library with that many elements. If you're into programming, you could get a collaboration started. As of today the GUI category in arduino playground is still empty.

Germany
Edison Member
If you believe something is right, you won't see what's wrong (David Straker).
View Profile

I am working on a GUI library for the Arduino.
http://code.google.com/p/m2tklib/

Lib and docs are almost finished: See the wiki pages to check if the lib will meet your requirements. The element reference (elref) already contains a lot of screenshots. Tutorial 4 (t04) provides a complete programming model.

I can sent preliminary version on request (PM). Versions will be available for
- dogm128 library (graphics display)
- GLCDv3 library (graphics display)
- LiquidCrystal library (character display)

Oliver

View Profile

PM Sent

France
God Member
View Profile

Hi,

Feel free to have a look at my library for the μLCD-32PT(SGC) 3.2” Serial LCD Display Module by 4D LABS, with the button extension.

View Profile

A quick way would be paying the Asking price of $99 and get the software. It seems to be a nice software.
I agree and think that the price isn't even that high, the issue is that it only allows the use of ATMEGA16 and ATMEGA128, so you lose the advantage that you get when you use an Arduino compared to the AVR environment.
If I'm wrong and you _CAN_ use an Arduino, preferably a Mega, with visualglcd please do let me know.

I've seen various projects with elements of that software in posts under exhibition but I've not seen a GUI library with that many elements. If you're into programming, you could get a collaboration started. As of today the GUI category in arduino playground is still empty.
Well, ATM I'm doing the components (buttons, labels, checkbox, radiobutton, etc...) as functions on a sketch just to make sure it works, next step is to build a libray around them. Since I've never built a Arduino library, have to check what's needed. My main confusion is on how to run the function specified on the array that defines the control but I'll do a post on "Programming questions".
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 02:32:26 pm by sjfaustino » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: