Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: What kind of arduino?  (Read 423 times)
Belgium
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello everybody,

I come from Belgium so, please excuse my poor level in English. I'm a new bachelor in electromecanical engineering and a beginner in electronic. Actually, i learn C by myself.

I've a project that would required a arduino but i don't know which.

So, I have:

-> A Hall sensor (for exemple) to know the speed of a wheel (40/60 rotation per second max).
-> The arduino should switch a relay when the speed of the wheel exceeds a maximum value to a minimum value.
-> I must change the minimum and maximum value (by a variable resistor for exemple) and perhaps display it.
-> He must incorporate improvements (tilt sensor,...)

=> Could you help me to choose what kind of arduino i must buy? The arduino is powerful enough to handle it?

Thank a lot for your answers...

Jérôme

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

=> Could you help me to choose what kind of arduino i must buy? The arduino is powerful enough to handle it?
Your probably better off just getting the newest 'standard' arduino board, the Uno model. It would handle all the things you listed. Other board models just offer more I/O pins and memory for larger applications, or some are smaller for direct mounting onto breadboards or direct integration on to another custom PCB.

Lefty

Belgium
View Profile

Thank a lot every one! I will buy it soon... I'll certainly have more questions for you when i developed...

Belgique - Arlon
View Profile

Hello Jérôme,

I think we have several points in common:
  • According to our first names, we speak French
  • We both live in Belgium
  • We are beginners with Arduino
  • We are learning C by ourselves

Maybe we differ by other points.
  • I had your age a long time ago
  • I don't intend to buy an Arduino board but to make one myself (I received today two Atmega328 bought on eBay)
  • I already have some practice with Atmegas outside the Arduino world. That's why I think it is'nt difficult to build an Arduino.

Did you already buy one ?

Amicalement, Jean-Marie

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: