Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino sound frequency detection? Help!  (Read 4904 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi everyone, this is my first time using the Arduino Uno model and I have run into a bit of an issue.  I am in the process of writing a code to identify and differentiate audio frequencies in order to complete a pre-determined task based on specific readings. The issue I am having with the Arduino is its inability to decipher the varying analog input from a microphone. This is likely because there is no sound card or other sound decoding device to convert the seemingly random electrical input from the microphone into usable sound frequency and amplitude data. I would like to know if anyone has found a solution to this problem and how to carry out that solution.  I have researched the potential utility of a piezo however I am unsure whether the fact that it measures vibrations as well as audio frequencies will be problematic in deciphering between physical "knocks" and the audio stimulus I am attempting to capture.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Search the forum for FFT to see what frequencies a sound is made of. e.g. - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,56331.0.html -

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Cross-posting the same question wastes peoples' time.
Don't do it.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: