Go Down

Topic: Circuit Cellar and Elektor merge (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

TonyD

Elektor magazine has taken over Steve Ciarcia's Circuit Cellar magazine.

I've been subscribed to both magazines for years so I hope we don't see many changes that effect each magazine style and content.

Grumpy_Mike

Well I bet that it was bought just so Elector could get hold of the subscription list. There is a vast difference between the intellectual content of the two magazines.

Dumbing down always wins.  :(

retrolefty

Dec 06, 2009, 12:51 am Last Edit: Dec 06, 2009, 12:52 am by retrolefty Reason: 1
Magazines simply became too expensive for me to continue buying, as I would tend to subscribe to just one or two and buy others from the rack at cover prices. I presently only get Nuts & Volts and rarely see any others on the rack. The number of electronics magazine publications for hobbyist has been in drastic decline for several decades now, and I suspect the web will prevent the return to when we enjoyed so many monthly pubs.

However with all that aside, I think presently the web provides more, better and cheaper content for the electronics hobbyist. One just has to separate the good content from the junk science type.  ;)

Lefty

jluciani

If there was a magazine like the **old** Popular Electronics I would subscribe.
More analog electronics less uC. Remember the SWTPC Tigersaurus?

(* jcl *)

westfw

If there was a magazine like the **old** Popular Electronics I would subscribe.

I dunno.  I used to slightly prefer "radio electronics", I think (but I had the subscription to PE.  Hmm.)
More analog electronics less uC. Remember the SWTPC Tigersaurus?

No.  (but http://www.hifi-museum.com/temp/tiger_fs.htm !)  I do recall the feeling of revelation I had when I realized that almost every electronic project I had ever made could have been programmed into a general purpose microcomputer instead.   Realistically, uC is where things are at.  Which is one reason why Arduino is so important; it makes "small" uC projects more approachable...

Go Up