Go Down

Topic: what is this part called?(shematic from playground) (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

Kinsi

hey,

im planing to buy all the parts to build 2 relayboards for my arduino. found this nice shematic in playground:
http://www.arduino.cc/playground/uploads/Learning/relays.pdf
now my problem is that i found all the parts, but i dont know what K1 is. hope someone can help me ^^

greetz

AWOL

Jul 01, 2011, 11:00 pm Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011, 11:02 pm by AWOL Reason: 1
A relay.
In this case, a single pole, double throw (SPDT) relay.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Kinsi

Jul 01, 2011, 11:27 pm Last Edit: Jul 01, 2011, 11:36 pm by Kinsi Reason: 1
okay i failed, so this is the relay i want to power ^^
i thought relay power + and gnd go to the relay and wondered why the diode is on the K1 part ^^
another question, can i just connect the 5V rail from the arduino to the positive relay power connection in the shematic?

retrolefty

okay i failed, so this is the relay i want to power ^^
another question, can i just connect the 5V rail from the arduino to the positive relay power connection in the shematic?

Yes, with the caveat of not knowing how much total +5vdc current your project is consuming because of other components, and keeping in mind the 500ma total +5vdc current limit (while on USB power).

Lefty

Kinsi

ill make the relayboards with an extra port for the relay power, ill make some measurements how much ma they are need. i selected 5v relays that are working from 4 - 11V so 5V will be enough. ill reply when i got & soldered all parts ;)

thank

Go Up