Go Down

Topic: Tour de France too easy ... (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

mmcp42

well you certainly get points for the biggest URL I've seen in a while! :)
there are only 10 types of people
them that understands binary
and them that doesn't

sciguy

I sorta had a feeling the map would look like that, after reading the op's comment first...
Soundcloud page: http://soundcloud.com/beefinator-2
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/beefinator14
Old soundcloud page (ran out o

justjed

I changed the route a bit, so the cyclists could experience some of the grandeur of the Colorado Rockies, and the Sangre de Cristos. Really, this is another really long URL.

I used Red Mountain Pass instead of Wolf Creek, because the road over Wolf Creek has been significantly improved. And let's face it, most of the riders don't even know the words to the song anyway, so what'd be the point?
... it is poor civic hygiene to install technologies that could someday
facilitate a police state. -- Bruce Schneier

justjed

justjed

We need a Tour de America!

If I were really, really bored, I'd create a route hitting brewpubs throughout the states. The first few legs would go from Homer to Soldatna to Anchorage to Juneau.

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Coding Badly

Bah!  It's just not a Tour de America unless the route passes through Big Bend National Park!

CrossRoads

Well, the route did go by Davey Crocket National Forest just outside of Houston. Can't have Texas taking too much of the spotlight - and it looks like 1/2 of that park is in Mexico.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

justjed

But then you have to go thru Canada to get down to CONUS.

Well, Canada is part of North America. Or, the cyclists could use paddle boats to get from Juneau to Neah Bay. Hawaii is a bigger problem.

Coding Badly

You wanted something more difficult than the Tour de France so let's compare...

The difficulties for a bicyclist in Houston are the angry fast drivers and the humidity.  But the angry fast drivers are only a problem if they get on the course.  While the Houston police have corruption problems, given the eyes of the world would be watching, I suspect they would keep the course clear of motorized vehicles.  That leaves the sweltering humidity.

The difficulties for a bicyclist in Big Bend are the heat, dust, mountain lions, bears, and rattlesnakes.

Big Bend wins hands down!  Talk about motivation!  George Hincapie's couch leans in close and whispers to him, "You must maintain 35 miles per hour through this section or the mountain lions will get you.  When you get in this area, do not stop to feed the bears."

copiertalk

I would do it.

just once if my old frame could hold up to the challenges.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z19zFlPah-o

CrossRoads

copiertalk

He is pretty sharp.

In my younger years I would probably try and mimic him. Now I would either spend a week in bed with a heating pad or directly to the emergency room.

probably both.  :)

CrossRoads

Best we ever did was making little wood jumps from the wedges of cut down trees to jump over, a la Evel Kneivel.

Go Up