Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: [Solved, more or less] Problem with 0022 IDE ( 'permission denied')  (Read 1617 times)
Hoorn NH
The Netherlands
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

One terrible hack-a-round would be try to upload using Linux in VirtualBox with the serial port linked.

Which IS actually something  I am thinking about... In my struggle to find the problem I broke down my Windows installation, took me all day yesterday to repair is. Thank God for backups...

Now the last update are running from Microsoft, then I will try one more time. After that, next stop will be some virtual Linux installation

Hoorn NH
The Netherlands
View Profile

I gave up on trying to solve the problem. The computer or the xp is fubar. Even VirtualBox didn't work.

Found a cheap used netbook with 7-Starter on it, works flawless! Now saving money to replace the old laptop with a real one (the netbook is nice but it ís a toy...)

Washington
God Member
Firefox & Arduino rocks
View Profile

If it is FUBAR'ed, then it will not hurt anything to install Linux. Linux usually uses much less RAM and CPU and will run faster on an old computer. Main disadvantage is there isn't as much software available. Fortunately, some windows software can be run in WINE. There is also a reasonable amount of open source software available. Package managers suck though (always FUBAR the system smiley-wink )

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Hoorn NH
The Netherlands
View Profile

If it is FUBAR'ed, then it will not hurt anything to install Linux. Linux usually uses much less RAM and CPU and will run faster on an old computer. Main disadvantage is there isn't as much software available. Fortunately, some windows software can be run in WINE. There is also a reasonable amount of open source software available. Package managers suck though (always FUBAR the system smiley-wink )

This WILL be the next step once I've got a replacement W7. I do not live very close to my work and sometime need to solve problems from home. The software needed for this is Win-only and I don't want to risk discovering WINE doesn't do the job at 4am...

"The old Europe"
Edison Member
Bootloaders suck!
View Profile

Install linux.

If it works, install VirtualBox and run windows in there. Unless you require games / 3D applications to run, it will serve you well.

• Upload doesn't work? Do a loop-back test.
• There's absolutely NO excuse for not having an ISP!
• Your AVR needs a brain surgery? Use the online FUSE calculator.
My projects: RGB LED matrix, RGB LED ring, various ATtiny gadgets...
• Microsoft is not the answer. It is the question, and the answer is NO!

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: