Go Down

Topic: After running the Hello World in repeat mode (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

1946thom

It took me running your suggestion several times before I got it running again. Thank you so very much. Can you explain to me what happens when you do the sequence that you suggested. Thank you again. Thom,

smeezekitty

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

johnwasser

By popular demand... the explanation:

My theory is that a sketch with runaway serial output is filling a lot of buffers (possibly all of them) in the USB driver on your host system.  When you try to upload, either the commands do not get sent because there are no buffers available or the commands get sent and the responses are stuck behind a long queue of previous input.

1) Unplug the USB cable.  (This causes the USB driver to clear the buffers.)
2) Hold down the Arduino Reset button. (This prevents the Arduino sketch from running and flooding the buffers.)
3) Plug in the USB cable.  (This re-establishes the USB connection so you can upload.)
4) WAIT TEN SECONDS.  (This gives the USB driver time to settle.)
5) Click on the Upload button for a sketch. (This begins the compile process.)
6) When you see the "Binary sketch size:" message in the sketch window, release the Arduino reset button. (This allows the bootloader to run and look for upload commands.  The message signals the end of the compile process and the start of the upload process.)
Send Bitcoin tips to: 1L3CTDoTgrXNA5WyF77uWqt4gUdye9mezN
Send Litecoin tips to : LVtpaq6JgJAZwvnVq3ftVeHafWkcpmuR1e

James C4S

My theory is that a sketch with runaway serial output is filling a lot of buffers (possibly all of them) in the USB driver on your host system.

Well if this is the same bug as the original bug in the first Uno, it isn't the Host side's problem.  The 8u2 gets into an un-usable state when it is given a bunch of data and no where to send it.
Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.com

Go Up