Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: ArduDelta - delta Robot implementation  (Read 16842 times)
Brisbane AUST
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello. Sorry for the late answer.
And yes, i will help you, you will get an email soon.

p.s. does this project suck or there isn't at least a "good job" for me on this forum?
It is quite disappointing.

I feel your pain. I find this forum very dissapointing compared to other forums. I thought the Arduino community would be getting quite large by now and with alot of very freindly people. but im afraid not so. I would have thought my project biulding a Gas turbine ECU out of a MEGA and a large LCD would have generated some interested and intelligent discussion but no:(

Good job!! smiley I like it!

View Profile

Hi everybody
I want to build a delta robot, but I don't know which kind of servo motors  should be used. In  industrial samples such as ABB's delta robot, an AC servo motor is used. I want to know the minimum power of the motors need in the delta robot. is it possible to guide me?
also could you please explain about the controller? is your controller is PC-based?
thanks

View Profile

Hi !
I have developed my delta Robot. But I have one little problem.
On some positions my moving plate is not parallel to the base and it has some tilt.
Can you point out the mistake ?
Can I calculate the tilt in the moving plate ? or Can I remove that tilt ?
Looking forward for a positive reply from your side.
Regards,
Zeeshan

View Profile

Hi,
Would anyone know if the use of trigonometric equations is necessary for a 4 arm Delta robot? I havent made the structure of mine yet but i think opposite arms need to move on the same direction and exactly the same amount always is this right? To lift the lower base all the servos need to move up by the same amount?

Thanks

Eric

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

Since you are going to know the angle (you set the servo position) and the extension, you can draw an imaginary line to the base (or the top) as one side of a right triangle.. Which is your opposing side to the known angle.

I have been working through this myself for a suspension plotter project.. You are basically doing the same thing, calculating the height of an imaginary triangle given a couple of known distances and angles.  The key to all of it is making it into a calculatable triangle to determine position.

Pythagorean can take it from there..
« Last Edit: February 09, 2012, 05:06:00 pm by focalist » Logged

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

View Profile

Hello,

Awesome project. I've been building one also, but with stepper instead of servo motors. I'm a bit stuck with putting everything from matlab to arduino as the math is quite messy. Mind you sharing your code? My @mail is sharas.s@gmail.com

Regards,
Sharapolas

View Profile

Hi i do the same, but i have some problems with the arduino...., can you please share the code and the electronic....
thanks for all, radicalister@gmail.com

View Profile

hello, Nice project man very nice, you did a very good job. I would also learn the kinematics and the code, could you give me the code to joshua.hadi_93@yahoo.com ? Thank you very much  smiley

View Profile

Hi, working on similar project, would really like to take a look at your code, couldn't find it in the post. Will appreciate it if you could email it to mulamula.a@gmail.com

Many thanks

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: