Go Down

Topic: Troubles with BMP085 pressure sensor & I2C protocol (Read 4261 times) previous topic - next topic

Can't tell you if you've damaged anything yet but if you did it would typically be the lower voltage devices.

I think so, but now even DS1307 RTC refuse to work... its behaviour is the same of the BMP085, while its supply voltage is 5 V

wayneft

What size pullups are you using for the RTC?
I2C GPS Shield

Checkout my Open Source GPS Tracker on Kickstarter

Jul 04, 2011, 12:43 pm Last Edit: Jul 04, 2011, 12:46 pm by lucareds7 Reason: 1
Last night, in spite of sleeping, I was thinking about 3.3 level conversion of signal. Should something like the attachment works (apart the mistake that the central resistor should be 220R in spite of 330R)? I even thought that it should work fine for digital output, but dunno know if it's the same for I2C... even thought that a diode should be mounted in parallel to resistor to avoid an extra lowering of 3.3v signal sended from sensor to I2C pins A4 & A5.

I bought a logical level converter, but if the method I thought about works it would be easier for me to integrate it into my own shields...

I'm sorry I tried to read something about I2C protocol but I understand almost nothing when applying it to Arduino.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy