Go Down

Topic: Upload without recompiling (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

cyclegadget

My computer at home runs in the low 30's on processes and the one I am sitting at is at 49. You have a lot of add-ons running or something to be show above 100!

Mark

robtillaart

- sounds not like too much apps or so, although firefox can be a killer app
- disk usage is not extreme either.

Do you have a virusscanner in the background?

which version of the IDE?

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

smeezekitty

- sounds not like too much apps or so, although firefox can be a killer app

Yes. Firefox is the reason the CPU is not 1%

Do you have a virusscanner in the background?

Yes

which version of the IDE?

Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

mowcius

If this happens, you need a new Arduino. The Arduino doesn't just randomly loose sketches.

The Arduino Uno bootloader shipped with the first batch can cause arduino boards to not remember their sketch but that just means you need to load the new bootloader.

I think that an 'upload from hex' could be quite useful - Yes we can do it with another program but that's not the point.

And of course a better location for the hex would be good too.

CrossRoads

@mowcius,
any thoughts on smeezekitty's really slow compile times? See Replys #8,9 in this thread. 56 seconds to compile "blink" sketch?
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

mowcius

I'm afraid I've got no idea on that - my 1.8Ghz with 1GB RAM only takes 15 seconds or so to compile blink (or similar - haven't timed it)

I haven't seen any solutions anywhere else either.

smeezekitty

I don't really mind the delay because I use it to work on hardware etc. But uploading without recompiling would be very helpful.
Avoid throwing electronics out as you or someone else might need them for parts or use.
Solid state rectifiers are the only REAL rectifiers.
Resistors for LEDS!

Go Up