Go Down

Topic: How to virtualize an Arduiono? (working on a game to teach electronics, etc.) (Read 172 times) previous topic - next topic

I'm working on a game that teaches you about electronics, arduinos, etc. Here's a screenshot:

In principle it's good enough to just check if the player connects all the correct pieces together, but in the long run it would of course be so much better to have a simulation going on in the background and to display correct results for whatever the user is doing, not just for a few predefined outcomes.

If you look at 123D Curcuits, they even allow you to write Arduino code and run it on your virtual Arduino. - I'd love to be able to do something like that in the game!

But how would I go about virtualizing an Arduino, a ESP8266 or an ATtiny? I'm willing to do quite a bit of legwork for this, but I just don't have a clue where to begin. (I'm working in Unity with C#) Has anyone tried something like this? Are there any libraries out there that would help? I'm thankful for all kinds of pointers!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131