Go Down

Topic: Help with components (Read 53 times) previous topic - next topic

andrept

Hello,

I need help to know if this will work.

I will have to display a value from one analog input in one display
For this i was thinking in one Arduino UNO and a 16x2 display (6 outputs needed)

Then i will have to create an acess point and send the same value over wi-fi.
For this one ESP8266 esp07 (2 outputs needed?)

So i need 8 outputs and i can still connect 6 relays modules right?
Is there anything better?

Thanks!

Grumpy_Mike

Well why not use just the ESP8266. Otherwise yes it is fine. Note you can also use the analogue pins as digital I/O as well.

mrburnette

If you are contemplating a 1602, 2 lines x 16 characters, display it isfar better to select one with I2C backpack; now, just 2 lines from uC are required for LCD.  The extra cost is usually around $1 USD but you can add I2C backpack yourself.

With the 1602 display simplified, you should have enough I/O to do your relay module.

The ESP8266 could just do the whole thing, but if you are wanting to use the ESP8266 with "AT" protocol, then the Arduino would need to be separate and connected to the ESP via Serial so you can send and parse the handshake and potential error conditions.

All the above being said, the ESP8266 programmed with the ArduinoIDE works very well.  The low cost NodeMCU makes hookup easy.  I have a few Arduino projects that works rather well.

Ray's Projects

PaulRB

Well why not use just the ESP8266. Otherwise yes it is fine. Note you can also use the analogue pins as digital I/O as well.
No Mike - the analog input on esp8266 cannot be used as a digital I/O. They can on Uno but not on esp. I'm sure you knew that, just didn't word it well!

Grumpy_Mike

No Mike - the analog input on esp8266 cannot be used as a digital I/O.
Read that sentence again

The sentence following the otherwise refers to the original question which was "For this i was thinking in one Arduino UNO".

Otherwise means I have stopped talking about the ESP8266 and am now talking of the Arduino.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy