Go Down

Topic: Need some help!! (Read 886 times) previous topic - next topic

I went trying out my LED by connecting it to the 5V and the ground pin ( 2k ohm resistor is also present ). Suddenly, the LED was just flickering and died out. I was running one of my self-programmed 'reset' mode below. But how come this could happen?

void setup()
{
 ;
}

void loop()
{
 ;
}

arduino-freelancer.blogspot.com

AWOL

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

jackrae

led plus resistor across 5 volt supply must glow unless :-

a) no 5 volts
b) resistor defective
c) led defective
d) led connected wrong way round
e) you just dreamt it
f) you just went blind

dshay

I went trying out my LED by connecting it to the 5V and the ground pin ( 2k ohm resistor is also present ). Suddenly, the LED was just flickering and died out. I was running one of my self-programmed 'reset' mode below. But how come this could happen?

Whats your Forward Voltage and Nominal Current rating on your LED?

What led you to choose a 2K Ohm Resistor?

I have a feeling your LED might not be dead, you're just giving it only 1.4 milliAmps.

Grumpy_Mike

My money is on faulty wiring. Are you using solder less bread board? If so rattle the wires.

Jul 06, 2011, 12:53 pm Last Edit: Jul 06, 2011, 12:55 pm by low5545 Reason: 1
Now I knew why, I was trying to save my time. So I had connected it on a breadboard through the power pins ( most left and right side ) with a 2K ohm resistor. As we know, the breadboard connects power and ground vertically. Therefore adding a resistor is useless. I think this should be the reason why the led had died out ( supplying a voltage of 5V directly although there is a 2k ohm resistor present ). By the way, thank all of you for the replies!!!!    ' v '

AWOL

I want to use a good quality 9v battery

If you ever find one, be sure to let us know.

(if you have a specific question, it is best to start a new thread, rather than hijacking someone else's unrelated thread)
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

trendski

My error. Just finding my way around here.
Craig Turner, blog: http://gampageek.blogspot.co.uk/ It helps with my learning if I write things down, esp. for others to follow (constructive comments welcomed to improve)

Go Up