Go Down

Topic: Moisture and NTC Temperature Sensor with Pulse output (Read 112 times) previous topic - next topic

Based on a 555 like (ICM7555 CMOS) timer, it has an open drain the output needs to be pulled up to the MCU voltage. A HS1101LF capacitive moisture sensor is used as the timing capacitor, and a thermistor B=4500 is used for one of the timing ramps. I think it can be used with the AVR input capture (ICP) hardware to measure very slight changes. I have found the wiring between the sensor and MCU can be a fairly long (.e.g. over 70m or 200ft).

Project Board Page: http://epccs.org/indexes/Board/MSPM01/

Electrical Schematic:

Board Design:

This is a prototype, I need to work on the ICP firmware example and find some plastic dip and contact gel to allow it to last in condensing moisture. I've researched a few options and the HS1101LF has survived and provided what looks like reasonable measurements more so than anything else anyway.
RPUadpt is a shield with pins for Uno or other AVR based boards that allow optiboot to upload firmware over 1000 meters of full duplex twisted pairs (e.g. CAT5).

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131