Go Down

Topic: Tricks of the trade - Connecting projects to the Arduino boards 'reusably' (Read 2134 times) previous topic - next topic

roypogi

DIP sounds good since this will probably see burned chips here and there.

We could use a ceramic chip for the caps 22uf/25v(1210) x2 , I have a ton of those and they are pretty cheap. Lets give it a shot and compare notes.
Panucatt Devices

CrossRoads

Ok, I've got a DIP version all layed out with just a single via, ICSP, and FTDI connector.  Run from Vin thru unfused 5v regulator, or bypass regulator with +5v directly.
Any thoughts?
Needs some board labeling work still.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

"ceramic chip for the caps 22uf/25v(1210) x2 "
Send the eagle reference for that, should be easy to add in.
100uF on regulator output does seem a little overkill here.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Cylindric

Well I was just expecting "lol - use wires", but this'll do too :D
Current Projects: Rodentometer - Hamster Endurance Moni

Bobnova

Not to rain on anybodies parade, but that's what the BBB is:

It has a FTDI connector too, and a pair of pins that go down into the power rail so you don't have to jumper power into it.

liudr

I was thinking of just having multiple small (or large) breadboards that bring all their pin and power leads to a single pin-header, then I can simply connect and disconnect a board without too much stress.

Would this work? http://liudr.wordpress.com/gadget/phi-connect/

Thanks for mentioning my design  :)

If you need to move between two projects you can use 1 or even just 2 RBBB but you can't use any shield with RBBB. Plugging it and unplugging it is a bit hard (too many pins) on my larger breadboards but is ok on the tiny breadboards I used. They're all kind of loose. If you need to use shields with prototyping, the phi-connect is better. The arduino clones such as BBB or RBBB are designed to support pure breadboard prototyping without shields.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy