Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Tricks of the trade - Connecting projects to the Arduino boards 'reusably'  (Read 1724 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

DIP sounds good since this will probably see burned chips here and there.

We could use a ceramic chip for the caps 22uf/25v(1210) x2 , I have a ton of those and they are pretty cheap. Lets give it a shot and compare notes.

Panucatt Devices

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Ok, I've got a DIP version all layed out with just a single via, ICSP, and FTDI connector.  Run from Vin thru unfused 5v regulator, or bypass regulator with +5v directly.
Any thoughts?
Needs some board labeling work still.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 02:42:47 am by CrossRoads » Logged

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

"ceramic chip for the caps 22uf/25v(1210) x2 "
Send the eagle reference for that, should be easy to add in.
100uF on regulator output does seem a little overkill here.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

London
View Profile

Well I was just expecting "lol - use wires", but this'll do too smiley-grin

Current Projects: Rodentometer - Hamster Endurance Moni

Humboldt, CA
Arduino BBB
View Profile

Not to rain on anybodies parade, but that's what the BBB is:

It has a FTDI connector too, and a pair of pins that go down into the power rail so you don't have to jumper power into it.

Central MN, USA
Tesla Member
Phi_prompt, phi_interfaces, phi-2 shields, phi-panels
View Profile

I was thinking of just having multiple small (or large) breadboards that bring all their pin and power leads to a single pin-header, then I can simply connect and disconnect a board without too much stress.

Would this work? http://liudr.wordpress.com/gadget/phi-connect/

Thanks for mentioning my design  smiley

If you need to move between two projects you can use 1 or even just 2 RBBB but you can't use any shield with RBBB. Plugging it and unplugging it is a bit hard (too many pins) on my larger breadboards but is ok on the tiny breadboards I used. They're all kind of loose. If you need to use shields with prototyping, the phi-connect is better. The arduino clones such as BBB or RBBB are designed to support pure breadboard prototyping without shields.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: