Go Down

Topic: arduino to postgresql (Read 33 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi guys.

I am new in Arduino world. So can anyone help me please. I am trying to write software which will read data from Arduino UNO board. I need to keep this data in Postgresql database or Mysql or it can be Sqlite too. But my main target postgresql. Arduino has been connected to PC via USB port. So I need way to import this data to database via USB. It is not a web server it is Windows application.The way which I found for this to connect from PHP only.But I don't need this connection via PHP. Can anyone suggest me way for this please?

wildbill

Generally, the PHP solution is just a web page that a network capable arduino can perform a GET request on to pass sensor readings. PHP (or whatever technology you use to serve your page) takes care of pushing the data into your database of choice.

In your case, one way to do it is to write a PC program that communicates with the arduino over whichever serial port the arduino appears as and collect the sensor data that way. Then again, it's the responsibility of the PC code to talk to the database.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy