Go Down

Topic: how can i add more motors to work for the arduino (Read 3 times) previous topic - next topic

jjmuteteke

Hello guys and thanks for reading this. im working on a important project and i need motors to run on 9volt power but when i attach one motor to the arduino duimilanove that i have the motor is not spinning fast enough. can someone plese tell me how to make to motor spin faster and also i have to add 3 more motors so can someone please tell me how to make four motors spin fast from an arduino duimilanove ATMEGA328.
THANK YOU

AWOL

i need motors to run on 9volt power

With a sense of foreboding, I'm going to ask the question "what is providing the 9V?"
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

zoomkat

can someone plese tell me how to make to motor spin faster and also i have to add 3 more motors so can someone please tell me how to make four motors spin fast from an arduino duimilanove ATMEGA328.

Use an appropriately large *external* power supply, which usually requires some type of motor controller.
Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

focalist

what they are saying is that you've not really provided any information for us to even try to answer your question.

What kind of motor is it?  How fast is it going, and how fast do you want it to go?  How are you powering it, and how are you connecting it to the Arduino?  Are you using an H-Bridge?

We need more information from you to even try to help.
When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

jjmuteteke

ok thank you for your replies first i have nine volt batteries and i was wondering is there any way i can make the motor run on nine volt batteries from the arduino and if their is can someone please tell me how? the motors im thinking of using is between a radio shack 1.5v-3.0v DC motor and a 7.5v dc motor alsofrom radio shack. also when i connect the motors to the arduino the arduino does not give the motors enough power to get a high rpm but when i connect the motors to a nine volt batteries i received way more rpm and that is what im trying to do. and ive ordered 2 motor controllers now im new at the arduino and i don't want to mess up on my project so if motor controllers are the only way how would i program them to control motors and their speed and when to turn them on and off and how would i connect it to an arduino duimilanove ATMEGA328. any help or links would be greatly appreciated

Go Up