Go Down

Topic: Bootloader Uploading using Parallel or UNO? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

NI$HANT

Jan 16, 2011, 10:37 am Last Edit: Jan 16, 2011, 10:38 am by Nishant_Sood Reason: 1
ArduinoISP software sketch loaded successfully seems no problem as showed "Done-Uploading"
"Real Men can Accomplish  Anything"
-  Website  

????? ???? !

NI$HANT

Failed!,
used the instruction's @ http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Tutorial/SimpleBreadboardAVR.png

Got the Following Error's :

Error no.1 for the first time :

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00
avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

Error no.2 after exiting the arduino IDE and unplugging and replugging Arduino into USB :

avrdude: Expected signature for ATMEGA328P is 1E 95 0F
        Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

Error 3 after again unplugging and replugging the Arduino from USB :

avrdude: Yikes!  Invalid device signature.
        Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
        this check.

Using UNO i'm seeing such problem's,[glow]Any HELP![/glow]

-  Website  

????? ???? !

Coding Badly

Jan 17, 2011, 12:18 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 12:19 am by bcook Reason: 1

Unfortunately, I don't have anything to suggest.  Hopefully, someone else can offer help.

...actually, there is one thing...

I think the auto-reset has to be disabled for the Arduino ISP to work correctly.  Have you determined that auto-reset needs to be disabled?  Have you disabled auto-reset?

NI$HANT

Jan 17, 2011, 10:38 am Last Edit: Jan 17, 2011, 10:48 am by Nishant_Sood Reason: 1
No i haven't disabled the auto-reset!, The thread here shows that just insert a resistor 120ohm in the reset and 5volt pins and you have clogged auto reset but then how the 5v to the chip will be flowing should i give it external power then?.
-  Website  

????? ???? !

Coding Badly

but then how the 5v to the chip will be flowing

When RESET is high, the processor runs.  The resistor ensures the RESET line stays high when the reset circuitry fires.

should i give it external power then?

No.

Go Up