Go Down

Topic: Compile Error on Slackware 13.37 x64 (Read 770 times) previous topic - next topic

y33t

Jul 11, 2011, 09:51 pm Last Edit: Jul 12, 2011, 12:42 am by y33t Reason: 1
I have a fresh installed full Slackware 13.37 x64 and I am trying to make Arduino work. Software see the interface (/dev/ttyACM0). I followed the instructions here http://arduino.cc/playground/Linux/Slackware and installed each dependency as stated on the page but I am receiving the following error when I try to compile the code ;

/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/lib/avr5/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/lib/libm.a when searching for -lm
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: cannot find -lm
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/avr5/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/lib/avr5/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/lib/libc.a when searching for -lc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/avr5/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/libgcc.a when searching for -lgcc
/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/../../../../avr/bin/ld: cannot find -lgcc

I tracked down the errors and copied the necessary valid libraries to destinations. Now compile returns one error ;

/usr/lib/gcc/avr/4.4.4/avr5/libc.a: could not read symbols: File format not recognized

Anyone has encountered this case before ?

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy