Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Single Receiver w/ 10+ Single Button Remotes  (Read 1564 times)
Ballston Spa, NY
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

True, maybe an LED that will light for a unknown ID.
Good idea!

But as for making my own remote, I could, but i'd rather not..
I'd rather use a keyfob remote from: http://www.linxtechnologies.com

As for collisions, I'll just add the LED for a Unknown ID.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Could always turn on an LED after the button press so they can see a message went out - make it flash or something distracting.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Those keyfob remotes look good too. Wonder how much.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Chester, UK
Trying to return the love to none logic level MOSFETS
View Profile

Let me know on the pricing from Linx.  If the can beat $22 each - I'll be giving them a call myself. smiley-grin

If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Ballston Spa, NY
View Profile

I'll let u know once they open in like 10 minutes... I'll be calling them!

Ballston Spa, NY
View Profile

MS Keyfob Price: $17.95 Each
First Price-break is at 200 Pcs.

Chester, UK
Trying to return the love to none logic level MOSFETS
View Profile

How much for the receiver?

If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Ballston Spa, NY
View Profile

Not sure, i just sent a email asking... I'll let u know once i know.

UK - Scotland
View Profile

I have a suggestion for the transmitters I had a similar problem when looking for a pre-made remote's for a Traffic light system I made for loading bays in work, I came across "AM Keeloq" Transmitter's and receivers.

The transmitters are 1-4 buttons, they are Encrypted (keloq) so they cant be copied easily but more importantly they have a unique serial number which the receiver can read via a serial output the transmitter is designed for 4 buttons it has momentary or latch operation, basically a garage door opener, however as I've said the transmitter's have a serial number so it should not be hard to associate a specific transmitter with a specific task in your program.

oh the receiver has built in memory and can store 50 unique remote's (although you wont need to memorise them as you will be using the serial output)

« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 06:14:40 pm by zx81 » Logged

Ballston Spa, NY
View Profile

The receiver costs $9.80 each.  That's for the LR Module.

I'm not sure if i wanna go that route.. I don't need encryption, that would be overkill and more complicated for what i'm doing, and i don't have much knowledge in Wireless Technology to begin with.

UK - Scotland
View Profile

The encryption is totally automatic you don't need to do anything the only thing you will be interested in on the receiver is the serial output which gives the transmitters serial number and which button was pushed.

The reason I picked this set-up was because it was cheap £15 for the receiver and £14 for the 3 button remote, the remote's with less buttons were cheaper (£10 I think for a 1 button)

I had a quick look at the receiver's on the Linx website that was linked ..correct me if I'm wrong but if you use those receivers you set the channel by DIP switches or hard-wiring the channel in, so you would need a receiver for every remote ?

zx

Ballston Spa, NY
View Profile

No, the price I posted was for the MS Keyfob (which uses a unique serial number)... The regular Keyfob uses the dip switches.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: