Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Removing ATmega  (Read 1547 times)
Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I use mine when I can find it. Otherwise I use a screw driver, loosening a little from each end.  Not so much prying straight up as using a wider blade and more of slight rotation back and forth, loosen the pins on the left, then the right, then do the same on the other end of the board.

The machine that assembles them squeezes the pins together so they spring back against the socket when released.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Will have to give one a try.  Seems I also once saw a tool to form the pins on a new DIP package parallel to better fit into a socket or circuit board.  That'd beat my typical press-it-against-the-benchtop approach smiley-lol

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Connecticut
Edison Member
RTFD (Datasheet in our case)
View Profile

I use a screwdriver that's not quite as small as one that might be used on eyeglasses

I'll try that with some jeweler's screwdrivers.

I realized after writing
I hear tiny bits scratching off the casing... No, thank you.
that the die itself is in the center of the chip, so no problems should arise.

Thanks!
baum

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I looked around and did not see any 28 pin 0.3" wide DIP insertion tools.
Only less pin-count models, and 0.6" wide tools.

Am sure one exists, I haven't found it.
Looks like squeezing on the work bench some more ...

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: