Found a ranging module (not sensor) on Yourduino that you plug the SR04 into. looks like this;http://arduino-direct.com/sunshop/images/products/thumb_122_UltrasonicModule6.jpg
They call it an SR05. They don't tell you much about it. It came in the mail a couple days ago. Plug in the SR04 sensor, give it 5v and the LEDs display the distance in cms. Great, now how do you get that info into something else? No instructions so looking for a while leads to one of these; http://crazy-sell.com/images/l/2011042321/13036191164.jpg
. Hope these pictures work. the first picture is small but the second is large and is the same thing.
Anyway here is what it can do;
Features for Ultrasonic Module LED Display DYP-ME008
- Ultrasonic display module use small microcomputer system controller ,use STC 10F04XE, fully compatible with 51 microcontroller
- IO port output pins, two switch output terminal, three key features, three digital display.
- With DS18B20 temperature compensation circuit Contact Interface
- Ultrasonic Ranging Module can be used directly measured the distance, you can set the distance alarm.
- The system can provide ranging program can display panel of the schematic diagram.
- Wide-voltage: DC 5~24V
- Work current: 45mA
- Range: 1 ~ 400 cm
- Maximum measurement distance: 500cm
Even though the Yourduino website uses the pictures from the DYP-ME008, they send a board that looks very similiar but is called and SR05.
The difference? pushing and holding the buttons brings no joy. Tried all the combinations, nothing. the SRO5 board is missing the C2 capacitor and its place on the board. It is missing the pins next to the LEDs on the right and the bottom. The holes are there.
Have sent away to get the DYP-ME008 from two other sources.
Posting this just to let others know there is a board like this and maybe saving the reference time of someone else interested in something like this. Searched the forum for SR04, didn't find anything attached like this board.
Anyone else interested or know more than I have stated? I'll post more when I get one. The only sources found so far are from China so delivery is a while.