Go Down

Topic: Can Arduino fulfil my needs? (Read 2 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

Dec 20, 2010, 07:23 pm Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010, 07:24 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
Is there a certain value of voltage that the Arduino analogue Ins can pick up on?

The default for the 10 bit (0-1023 counts) A/D hardware for the Arduino is 0 to +5vdc, no negative voltage allowed. However by enabling internal voltage references and/or applying an external reference voltage to the aref pin one can have a lower top of range voltage represent 1023 counts.

Lefty

eaycrcr

so bringing the roof down increases the resolution? does that change apply to all analogue pins simultaneously?

Imahilus

I do believe it does.
But be warned, you can't exceed that roof (it can't output a bigger number).

As for the functions, they're valid function structures. They have a return type (void, as in, it returns nothing), a name, and a collection of parameters (you defined them without any).

Can't help you with the hardware, not my area of expertise  :-X

As for using this topic for your generic project inquiries, you may most definitly do this. It keeps the information regarding your project in a single location, making it easier for us to provide assistance.

retrolefty

Dec 20, 2010, 08:02 pm Last Edit: Dec 20, 2010, 08:03 pm by retrolefty Reason: 1
so bringing the roof down increases the resolution? does that change apply to all analogue pins simultaneously?

Yes it does and it does apply to all the analog pins. However you can change the reference used between the various options at run time. That is you could change a reference then read a specific input pin and then change the reference back to read a different analog input pin. But note that there is a settling time after changing references and one needs to do a few dummy reads before the value is valid. Best to read up on the subject in the Atmel datasheets if planning on using external or optional reference voltages.
Lefty

robtillaart

O also, is there a source of information anywhere for making multiple functions?

I would like to have something like

You just can do that, in the same .pde file or you can build your own libraries (better wait for things to be stable.

Advice: reading (and building) the tutorials will answer many questions faster than asking them on the forum - http://www.arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/HomePage
Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Go Up