Go Down

Topic: Loudest speaker that I can drive with Arduino? (Read 5329 times) previous topic - next topic

Coding Badly

Oh, I wish.  We were out of town.  On the fourth day, when the neighbors noticed the problem, water was running under our front door and down an outside wall like a waterfall.  By the time we arrived, the speaker cabinets had ruptured.  That was a painful end to a very good vacation.

zenwebb

How can I add a quick and easy volume control to this type of amplifier? Can I replace one of the resistors with something like a 100k audio taper pot?
Grad student, creative technologist, OSHW engineer
http://jason-webb.info

Magician

Yes, sure. It will save a power for low volume.
Depends on the value of your pot, adjust second resistor proportionally.

zenwebb

Would I be able to pair a 10k pot with a 10k resistor, or do I need to use 100k or more for each?
Grad student, creative technologist, OSHW engineer
http://jason-webb.info

Magician

I was thinking how to minimize numbers of components, as circuitry getting bigger with volume control, and come up with this. You can use any pot in range 220 ohm - 10 k ohm.

retrolefty

I was thinking how to minimize numbers of components, as circuitry getting bigger with volume control, and come up with this. You can use any pot in range 220 ohm - 10 k ohm.

I think your speaker has to be moved to the collector side of the transistor and ground the emitter for that to work.

Lefty

Magician

Moving speaker to emitter I saved a base resistor. It will works ether way, with little less power  when 4 ohm speaker in the emitter .
NB: amplifier has no DC bias, and should be directly connected to "polarized" signal source, like arduino digital/PWM outputs.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy