any idea why
suddenly stop working
- battery empty
- too much voltage for sensors
- loose wiring, wrong wiring
- forgotten resistor, pull up or current restriction
- MCU overloaded
- timing error
- micros() overflow
- reentrant IRQ
- exploding stack due to recursion
- out of SRAM
- ignoring arraybounds
- integer, byte etc overflow
- float rounding errors
- uninitialized variable
- bug in libraries used
- sorcerers apprentice syndrome
- sensor internal protection
- dirt in the sensor -> no range to detect
- interference with * washing machine, coffeemaker, mixer, boy next door RC car, ...
- EMP, lightning, cosmic ray bitflip,
- sensors strike ...
I mean is reading unsense reading
Maybe the readings are correct but we don't understand the meaning. Some rangefinders have a curve that allows you to operate in 2 different distance ranges. You expect to work in one but get the other.
An interpretation of the second law of thermodynamics states: "there are far more ways to go wrong than to go right"
If it is really urgent you should provide far more information than you did. The chance of finding causes is proportional to the amount of information provided.
- goal of the project, what do you want to accomplish
- type of rangefinders sensors,
- why are there 3 sensors,
- are there other sensors/actuators?
- link to datasheets of devices involved
- schematic, photo of wiring,
- power supply description, battery vs wall wart
- what output did you expect
- what output did you get
- what causes you investigated with which result