Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Which kit / board should I use ???   (( HELP ))  (Read 3928 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Currently I am researching ways to build a sound activated system.

Type of experiment:  Build a board that controls a paintball loader.

Criteria to be met:

1.  It has to detect sound and activate a 9 volt powered hobby motor that could be found at any radio shack.

2.  Once it has been triggered by sound, the motor will remain active for a solid 1 second interval then stop running.

3.  If the sound is consistent, the motor will continually run until said sound has ceased.

4.  Must be able to use two 9 volts.

5.  Needs to be fairly small.

There are boards on the market sold just for this in the world of paintball, however, I am interested in building my own for use in side projects.
Also the cost of those boards are around 60 bucks, so that's another reason I want to make this work ( hopefully cheaper).

If anyone can think of the simplest and cheapest way to put something together, I would greatly appreciate the input.

--- Many thanks,  

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Heck, you could probably easily do this with a 556, a 2n2222 and a handful of passives (cost - under $5.00)...

;D

/remember - not every problem requires an entire microcontroller to solve...
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 12:08:13 am by keeper63@cox.net » Logged

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: