Go Down

Topic: Unmanned Robot? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

neodude112320

Hi,

I'm a complete n00b when it comes to arduino's! I've never touched one. I'd be using a small kit chassis (4wd) with a GPS Module and an Arduino Uno.

As far as programming goes, i know HTML, Basic PHP and Visual Basic.

Essentially, i'd like this robot to navigate itself to set waypoints, how hard would this be?

u0421793

neodude112320

I Know that much  ;D

Seriously though, having never touched C/C++, how hard would it be to tackle a project like this?

Imahilus

Just so you know, you can't program in HTML, since nothing gets executed.. ever :P
HTML is a mark-up language, not a programming or scripting one.

As for the difficulty of making such a robot... it depends on the complexity you're after I geuss.
The only way to find out is to dive in, get each seperate component working first (ie: simply making the arduino drive the bot, make the arduino retrieve GPS data, that sort of stuff) and when you have it all working on a basic level, and you understand what it does, make a new sketch that incorporates several/all of the functions it has to do.

zoomkat

Just so you know, you can't program in HTML, since nothing gets executed.. ever   HTML is a mark-up language, not a programming or scripting one.

You sure? A browser executes the html and does a bunch of stuff depending on what is contained in the html. You can use html to make a GUI to control a robot if desired similar to below.

http://web.comporium.net/~shb/wc2000-PT-script.htm

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   8)

Go Up