Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: LEDs and Photodiodes  (Read 261 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Alright, if I want to have a LED and photodiode on the same circuit, is there any way to filter the light out from the LED so that it doesn't affect what the photodiode is picking up? I want them to have seperate functions.

Oh, and a possible coding for incorporating these two things together (amps and resistors included) that'd be cool too. But I'm more concerned with the problem above.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Photodiode like this?
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/LTR-516AD/160-1032-ND/121725

Use LED that is not outputting that wavelength.

Turn off LED while reading photodiode.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

NSW Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

This is of course, very much a mechanical problem, a matter of shielding one from the other using matt black tubing.

Mind you, as always it would allow us to be (much) more helpful if you could explain, preferably with picture or photo, what you actually want to do.

View Profile

I can't give you a picture (mostly because it's an idea in the works). I mean, I'm trying to get an LED to illuminate on a phosphor so that the phosphor emits a light that the photodiode can pick up. But I don't want the light from the LED to interfere with the readings I'm getting back. Lots of science-y mumbo jumbo type things.

I can probably figure it out if I get some kind of wiring schematics for hooking up LED and photodiode on the same wiring system.

NSW Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Lots of science-y mumbo jumbo type things.

Sorry, you haven't explained anything.

Unless you can give us an explanation - in detail - of what you want to do, there is no way we can help.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: