Go Down

Topic: Accelerometer/Gyro (IMU) Questions. (Read 713 times) previous topic - next topic

jcbconway

Hello forums! Long time no talk. I am back with some questions, in relating to IMU's for a project i am researching. I am thinking about building a Segway like machine. Now i know there are many tutorials online for this type of robot, but i would like some user input/opinions of preferred accelerometer/gyro IMU's. What kind of IMU boards would you consider for an effective segway like robot? I know most accelerometers/gyro's will work, i mean, i was able to build a small segway robot with a mimsic 2 axis accelerometer from radio shack, but as you can imagine, it was extremely poor in precision and was very choppy.

Fabio Varesano

For a segway I don't think you need a super fancy IMU. But, if you are up for top class sensors you should go with the BMA180 and the ITG3200.

Of course, I may be a little bit biased, but you may have a look to my FreeIMU boards. You can have a look at a Two Whell Balancing Bot powered by FreeIMU.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy