Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino User Map  (Read 2886 times)
North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I added my name alphabetically to the list because that's how it looked like it was arranged.  I hope that was ok.
Ahh great - that'll be why I didn't see it - most people don't do that so they just appear at the end.

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Have you considered adding some step by step instructions somewhere?

Don

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Yeah, directions would be good. I can't find a way to add myself.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

I added myself several times, but it didn't stick.  Oh well, at least I can get an LCD to work....

Don

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

I added myself several times, but it didn't stick.  Oh well, at least I can get an LCD to work....

Don

I also didn't 'stick' when that was first put up. It's got a terrible user interface, so I gave up.

Lefty

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

I added myself several times, but it didn't stick.
Well you're on there 3 times smiley-wink

Lets have a clean-up.

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Well you're on there 3 times
So - when you write the instructions be sure to mention that the changes do not take place immediately, or else mention how to see the changes.  I tried refreshing the page and I also brought up another browser window.  I also looked at the end of the list.  The changes did not show up for me.

Update:  I just looked again and I only found three entries in central New York state, two men and a house.  Then I pressed the [Next] button at the bottom of the page which made no apparent change to the list but did change the map.  The three entries mentioned above went away and I showed up as a blue teardrop named Placemark 202 (on the map, but not in the list).  I could not get back to the previous map with the three entries.  This was all with Firefox 3.6.15.

When I tried Google Chrome all four of us showed up.  I won't mind switching to Chrome once they get their tabs to work like Firefox but the last time I tried I couldn't get it to automatically switch to a new tab.

All four of us showed up in IE as well, but ....

So, it looks like there may be some issues with Firefox, or at least my installation of it on 64-bit Windows 7.

Don

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

I just took a closer look using Chrome and there seem to be two entries for me, with Floresta hidden under Placemark 202.  Now there are other issues such as a mysteriously appearing and disappearing [EDIT] button (even though I am logged in).

Don

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Yeah it seemed bit broken to me earlier too so I just left it and decided I'd have another go another day.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

I see @Julie in Kansas.  How about them earthquakes?

Added Techshop SJ and Techshop SF, recast the old TechShop as "TechShop Menlo Park."

(you know, "TechShop Menlo Park" has a nice ring to it.  Like where Edison played when he was a teenager, or something.   Wrong side of the country, but still...)

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

@westfw

I wasted some more time on this yesterday.  Do you see Floresta, _Floresta, or Placemark 202 on the map in western NY?

Don

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

Ok anyone got any better suggestions of where we should have this map as it's become apparent Google Maps is useless.

I can't seem to get on the second page, it's only showing some people and just generally not working right.

Western New York, USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

Ok anyone got any better suggestions of where we should have this map as it's become apparent Google Maps is useless.
You could quit your day job and spend your time administering a moderated version of the map.  You might even be able to keep your job and still have enough time if you stay out of Monty's.

I can't seem to get on the second page, it's only showing some people and just generally not working right.
That's the only place where I show up.

Don

North Yorkshire, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

That's the only place where I show up.
Yeah I know :/

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

Ok anyone got any better suggestions of where we should have this map

From a quick search...
http://gmaps-samples.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/spreadsheetsmapwizard/makecustommap.htm
http://earth.google.com/outreach/tutorial_spreadsheet.html

Both use a spreadsheet as a sort-of database back-end.  Unfortunately, they are both still using Google Maps.  But, the second one also uses Google Earth.

Query...
https://www.google.com/search?q=generate+google+map

as it's become apparent Google Maps is useless.

I agree!  The left-pane and right-pane will not stay synchronized.

Same here.  The thing is all kinds of flaky.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: