Go Down

Topic: Arduino mentioned in TV episode (Read 481 times) previous topic - next topic

Valalvax

Arduino was mentioned in episode eight of season four of In Plain Sight

The premise of the show is the main characters are WitSec agents who protect witnesses and their families before and after court

In that episode one of the kids is a robotics nerd, and goes to a robotics competition, he made some robot, but he said

"My robot, Optimus Crime(I think? maybe he said Prime, but that'd be like... bad for a TV show to do) uses an accelerometer and software written in Python and Arduino hardware"

Not much of a mention, but still, the word Arduino was said on TV!

liudr

That was a good start. I will pay more attention to TVs. I wonder who wrote the script. Maybe the main guy is lazy and sub-contracted a part to a writer that knows arduino and likes robots. I seriously doubt the pop culture is leaning towards DIY electronics. Maybe an easier point of entry is home automation.

Valalvax

Jul 23, 2011, 11:55 pm Last Edit: Jul 23, 2011, 11:57 pm by Valalvax Reason: 1

That was a good start. I will pay more attention to TVs. I wonder who wrote the script. Maybe the main guy is lazy and sub-contracted a part to a writer that knows arduino and likes robots. I seriously doubt the pop culture is leaning towards DIY electronics. Maybe an easier point of entry is home automation.

Well, the entire episode referenced the fact that the kid was a robotics nerd and that one of the two main characters failed at the city level after burning up some servos, so it wasn't a last minute thing

Omg.... looking at Wikipedia... at least for this season, no two episodes were written by the same guy, they had 12 different writers for 12 episodes

Go Up