Go Down

Topic: new motor shield (Read 692 times) previous topic - next topic

Jul 24, 2011, 04:48 am Last Edit: Jul 24, 2011, 05:02 am by kevin_karplus Reason: 1
I've been designing a new motor shield to control up to 6 2.5A 12v motors (actually should be able to go up to 36v if I use capacitors with high enough voltage rating), and individual motors can have higher current, as long as the total doesn't exceed 15A.

It is a bit big (8cm x 10cm) because it uses all through-hole parts.  I've not built it yet (I expect the PC boards to arrive next week, and I'm now having trouble finding a distributor that has TLE-5205-2 H-bridges from Infineon in stock).  Anyone have any ideas who might have some in stock?  I thought Digi-key did when I started the project, but they were out when I went to order them. 

UPDATE: I just got a call from Digi-Key, they've been out since Sept 2010 and don't expect any in then next 18 weeks--Infineon seems to be having trouble making them. That means that probably no distributor has any.  I must have mistyped the part number when I checked a month ago, as Digi-Key does still have a few TLE-5206-2 parts in stock, though those don't have a Hi-Z state on the output, so I probably can't use them

I have some info about the shield on my blog: http://karplus4arduino.wordpress.com, but it seems like I need to redesign around a different part.  Foo!

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131