Go Down

Topic: How can a post be anonymous? (Read 149 times) previous topic - next topic

UnoWatt

Nov 27, 2016, 09:54 am Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016, 10:03 am by UnoWatt
This post seems to be anonymous. How can that be?

Ah, I see you have the machine that goes "ping"

Ballscrewbob

Nov 27, 2016, 03:29 pm Last Edit: Nov 27, 2016, 03:31 pm by Ballscrewbob
Periods (full stops) and spaces and or other special characters can do magical things.
Best guess is that the poster probably knows his characters and control codes.

Same as some posts on some FB pages needs you to enter text to post even a picture and all you generally have to do is use one of the characters I mentioned above.

Forum software tends to be based around much older software that used such characters for ASCII art or control and artifacts of older software tend to be still embedded.

Also look up UTF as a second source of invisible characters. Again remnants of an older web / BBS age
It may not be the answer you were looking for but its the one I am giving based on either experience, educated guess, google or the fact that I had nothing to go with in the first place so I used my wonky crystal ball.

pYro_65

This is actually a hack. No special codes required.

The user name is: ""

The SMF side of things is treating it as an empty string. Leads me to wonder what other things could be potentially injected into usernames.
Forum Mod anyone?
https://arduino.land/Moduino/

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy