Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Geodesic dome with 3000 UV leds  (Read 514 times)
Denver, CO
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I already built an art dome https://www.facebook.com/String.theory.dome but now I want to light it up using UV leds and have each art piece talk to you and other art pieces. How I plan on doing it is using a rainbowduino controlling 192 UV leds for each pentagon and hexagon. Program each rainbowduino with a set of 6 or more patterns. Have 3 or 4 control lines that it listens on and depending on the binary input of those will cause it to do a different pattern.

Then have a megaduino or another master controller that has enough ports for all the binary control lines to control all the rainbowduinos (or maybe use 12C?)  Then put an audio speaker behind each pentagon and hexgon and have recordings of skits so the artwork talks and lights up as its  sync'd up with the master controller. Also I could sync it with a few songs.

Where would you guys recommend I start? All the code for the rainbowduino is really ment for the rgb leds and the color palette when I just need to be able to turn on or off specific leds (maybe intensity too) so I'm thinking I need to start from scratch.

Any help or push in the right direction would be immensely appreciated.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Where would you guys recommend I start?
I recommend checking the eye-safe distances for your LEDs.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: