Go Down

Topic: Using accelerometer to detect driving state(s) (Read 5590 times) previous topic - next topic

knox

Thanks for guiding me through this.  :)
I agree that 1g might be a theoretical value. The actual value will need some empirical foundation, I am afraid. However, I am still thinking about a way to detect an emergency braking (what's the correct expression for that?) state. One thing that came to my mind is if I will see some increasing g (or m/sec2) values due to reduced speed during ongoing braking. The stopping distance increases quadratically in relation to speed (sorry for phrasing it this way, never tried to articulate something in a foreign language). Maybe a very basic quadratic function can help me to express myself: s = (v/10)2. What are your thoughts on this?

I suppose I can neglect aerodynamical downforce since most road cars will rather produce upforce.

liudr

That might work. You monitor the time the vehicle is in a deceleration greater than a threshold to tell if a full brake was made.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy