Go Down

Topic: REALLY simple wireless? (Read 5 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

Look at that, sparkfun is carrying RF receive modules again, just like the ones we referenced 2 pages ago.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Kctess5

How do the cheap r/c remotes and garage door openers work?

I happen to know that garage door openers are often used (depending on how you define often) as wireless detonators for explosives, and for good reason. Like you said their cheap which is good but the unique thing about the garage door openers is that it is a encoded message so no stray radio waves will set it off  :smiley-eek: R/C cars I believe use a much simpler protocol because its not so critical. But I would guess that the more expensive the hardware the better the encryption

baum

My garage door opener is really old. Like >20 years old. I will open it at some point, but I noticed that there are two screws in the back... One looks like it holds the remote together, the other could possibly be a tunable cap or inductor...

baum

Go Up