Go Down

Topic: Internet Controlled Arduino / Electronics (Can be used for Home Automation) (Read 2508 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi Guys ,

Let me introduce you a way to control / monitor your Arduino Project from internet.

You can connect your Ethernet cable into your Arduino Ethernet Adapter and consume one of your Arduino in the same time.

Instead , I make a software which has two main functions :
  1. Web Server - which can make the communication between PC and the Internet User
  2. Serial Port Communication - so the PC can talk to Arduino

In this way , the Internet User can communicate with Arduino in real time.    You can control and monitor the status of Arduino via Internet.      In the mean while , the PC can also save and load all the data from Arduino easily.

I have an example for this , Internet Controlled Vehicle , feel free to have a look.

In my example , I use my laptop talk to a wireless router.     
Then I use an XBee with its adapter(has a FTDI chip) to talk to the other XBee which connect to Arduino.
So , the PC and Arduino can communicate wireless.
Finally , the Internet User can talk to the Vehicle.

Feel free to let me know how do you think.

Lots of interesting elements in this project.

Note: The PC-side software is for the Windows environment, if that helps you know if you want to delve into the blog material.

That's pretty cool!

I implemented my automation like that at first... but my server takes too much power, not very "green" :-)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131