Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: arduino to send data to a webpage  (Read 804 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi guys im new to all this im trying to build a ground sensor that i can put out in a rural area and it will measure moisture and send that data to a webpage, i want it to auto update every 5 mins if possible,is this possable could anyone build it for me for a reasonable price? im a farmer and have 10,000 acres and it a pain in the ass to drive down every month to check moisture levels smiley thanks guys hope someone can help! i know alot about electronics but not about arduino yet so even if i can get a list of parts and i can build it myself smiley 

View Profile

hi there i have built the sensor but what do i add to transmit that data thats what i need to know can i use an arduino module? it does but i want to build a few not just one smiley the sensor is a line of resistors to it will give a higher ohms as temp rises so i need to turn that into data and send it to website thanks for your help i hope i havnt confused you smiley

View Profile

im looking at battery power  and no power or internet connection so it has to send data to satelite first i think im not too good at this its out of my feild thats why im asking you guys smiley sorry its in the middle of nowere thats why its so hard i have to drive down and manually check once a month thats why i want to set it up so i can check it from the internet im not sure how they comunicate yet i havnt got that far again thats why im asking you smiley thanks again

New Jersey
Faraday Member
View Profile

Is there cell-phone reception in the area you're trying to measure?

View Profile

Hi guys thank you for all the questions and answers ill start from were i am im in outback australia so heaps of sunlight and yes we have mobile coverage here so that sounds like a cheaper option i am building a ground sensor that measures moisture level in the ground and i will start on my property and want to start making these if i can make them cost effective as i have many farm friends that need this technology so its not a waste if i can make them for a decent price as it will save us on fuel and time so i will be making heaps not just 1 out here moisture level can be very helpfull info . id like to do it but thats why im asking all the qs as i dont know enough about this feild to build it yet im a tv tech full time so i am pretty good at repairing at component level and know basic electronics just never daveled into this before hence the guidence smiley hope this helped you see what im doing and hope you can help thanks again.

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I've got a few extra of these laying around. Perhaps you could use them to modify your previous post.

................................................................................

View Profile

ok i measured and i can put one about 1k from the house is it possible to get a wirless signal to go that far ? thanks again

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: