Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Can I give a SparkFun gift certificate for an answer to my question?  (Read 971 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I posted a question earlier about merging a couple pieces of code. I haven't received any answers yet and I'm desperate to get this code working.

I'd like to offer an incentive in the form of a Sparkfun gift certificate (say $25?) for the first effective answer. I'm not sure if this violates any forum rules or if this kind of thing is generally frowned upon here so before I post my proposition, can you guys/girls tell me if this is ok?

P.S. In case this turns out to be kosher; don't post answers to my question yet. I'll start a new thread for answers.

P.S.S. I don't care if you completely scrap all of my (terribly written) code and re-write it, I just need it to work.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 09:00:31 pm by Jack_Strop » Logged

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

I'm not sure if this violates any forum rules or if this kind of thing is generally frowned upon here so before I post my proposition, can you guys/girls tell me if this is ok?

Seems OK to me.  If the other moderators disagree, I'm certain they will neuter me.  Well, probably not.  But they will respond.

I'd like to offer an incentive in the form of a Sparkfun gift certificate (say $25?) for the first effective answer.

"Effective" is vague.  I'd like you to provide more clarity as to what does and does not garner the purse and pin down what purse you are offering.

I'll start a new thread for answers.

Please don't.  The one thread is fine.

View Profile

Seems OK to me.  If the other moderators disagree, I'm certain they will neuter me.  Well, probably not.  But they will respond.

Sounds good.

"Effective" is vague.  I'd like you to provide more clarity as to what does and does not garner the purse and pin down what purse you are offering.

What I mean by "effective" is: Arduino1 code isn't going to change. If Arduino2 (connected to an Ethernet shield) can receive the char msg from Arduino1 and post it to Twitter, this constitutes effective.

I bought a $25 gift certificate from SparkFun. This is the purse. This...https://www.sparkfun.com/gift_certificates is SparkFun's gift certificate policy. I'll take code propositions in posted order, test them and the first one to satisfy my conditions will receive the gift certificate code.

Please don't.  The one thread is fine.

Duly noted.

Global Moderator
Netherlands
Shannon Member
In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, however in practice there are many...
View Profile

Where is the question thread ...

Rob Tillaart

Nederlandse sectie - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/board,77.0.html -
(Please do not PM for private consultancy)

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,68473.msg505243.html

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: