Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: Ping ))) Radar  (Read 3665 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I'm still wring on it. All I need to do on the code is modify it to print the distance values as x,y values On serial.

Sussex UK / CT USA
Edison Member
Forums forever
View Profile

An alternative sensor:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/639

$25 for a module that does the "send a pulse/ wait for echo/ report time taken" stuff for you.

Evangalist warning: The people from whom Sparkfun buys this thinks it appropriate to put "Jesus First" on the PCB. If this bothers you, then you are warned, and can "vote with your wallet", but, please... if you feel that needs further discussion, take it to the thread already thriving at the Sparkfun product page?

Claimed to be able to report 20 distance readings per second.

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

Evangalist warning: The people from whom Sparkfun buys this thinks it appropriate to put "Jesus First" on the PCB
I just thought they were being fish-ist.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

View Profile

I modified the code for the arduino, but the processing sketch isnt recognizing my serial port. It comes up as RXTX mismatch...
I'm going to try and post it in the processing forums too.

Thanks,
MR_E

Arduino rocks
View Profile

RXTX mismatch can be safely ignored most of the time - print out the available serial ports and see if there are any available when you run Processing. Make sure the Arduino IDE is closed too - only one can run at once.

@Lefty:
Pretty sure you're going for "Time of Flight", not "Flight of Time"... xD. Also, Sharp IR sensors are triangulation based, not time of flight.

The real similarity is that they all give you a known distance value, which can be converted into a universal scale (For ex. metric).

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: