Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino UNO stopped powering the Servo !?  (Read 598 times)
Newcastle, UK
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am powering UNO via USB (no external power supply), and driving HS-422 servo..

I worked on it for hours, and everything was alright, until suddenly the servo stopped responding !.. I noticed that it is now free-to-move as if it is not connected !  (I have connected it to 5V and its GND - as before) -

I don't have the equipments right now to measure the voltage or check the servo, but please suggest what should I do, and what could be the problem?

Thanks..

PS. I try connecting the +Servo to 5V socket with the wire and right when it touches it gets the power (for less than a second).

Tesla Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

I noticed that it is now free-to-move as if it is not connected !  (I have connected it to 5V and its GND - as before) -

The USB port on a computer is marginal for powering a servo with no load, and when under load may trip the USB port power fuse in the computer. If the arduino has no lit LEDs, try rebooting the computer.

Consider the daffodil. And while you're doing that, I'll be over here, looking through your stuff.   smiley-cool

Shannon Member
Arduino rocks
View Profile

It is asking for trouble to power a motor from the Arduino's regulated supply - motors and sensitive digital electronics do not get on due to the high-voltage spikes and crow-barring stall currents that motors can generate.  Use a separate battery to power the servo.

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: