Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: cheap electric lock or strike  (Read 651 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

HI, I'm new to Arduino
Can anyone advice a really cheap and easy electric strike or lock please that'll work with Arduino analog output?

Chester, UK
Trying to return the love to none logic level MOSFETS
View Profile

How about a something like:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10001-series-Magnetic-Lock-280kg-Unmonitored-/290589585757?pt=UK_CCTV&hash=item43a87d315d

Of course you'd need some additional components to control it with an Arduino (Mosfet or relay etc)

If your system involves lethal voltages/life critical/flamable elements - you probably shouldn't need to ask.
The Arduino != PC.

Sussex UK / CT USA
Edison Member
Forums forever
View Profile

Following may be of use...

http://www.arunet.co.uk/tkboyd/ec/ec1ems.htm

Cheap? Not very ($40)... but if you have a lock on the door, presumably you have something expensive behind it?

As for "no fail-safe way to get out"... you can fit the strikeplate with an ordinary lock,  and however you would get out past that lock is unaffected by the strikeplate... one of the advantages of taking that route.

Note that you need to be talking about a "tongue" type "bolt", which pushes back for closing/ locking the door. ("Yale lock".)A rectangular type "goes into a mortice" type bolt won't work.

California
View Profile

The cheapest I have seen on ebay and other sites are around $30. I think they should be relatively easy to hook up to the arduino. I think you may want to use the digital ports and not the analog however because it should only be locked or open not in between. If you wanted analog a servo or motor connected to a deadbolt might suit you better.

Proud Member of the Nighthawk Robotics Club Team 569 B

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: