Go Down

Topic: "Arduino Mega" photos up on lusorobotica.com (Read 6 times) previous topic - next topic

admin

hello

the mega128 is a different processor... arduino won't work with it.

Download wiring from wiring.org.co.

m

halley

the mega128 is a different processor... arduino won't work with it

Yeah, I think it's pretty weak to market this as an ArduinoTM Mega, including the almost-trademark blue soldermask, when it's not Arduino-software compatible.  It's not entirely clear if the Arduino guys in Italy have granted Seeed the right to use that trademark for the hardware, but it doesn't sound like it.

AZRobbo

Mar 26, 2009, 07:35 pm Last Edit: Mar 26, 2009, 07:37 pm by 33Warlord Reason: 1
Yeah, I think it's pretty weak to market this as an ArduinoTM Mega, including the almost-trademark blue soldermask, when it's not Arduino-software compatible.  It's not entirely clear if the Arduino guys in Italy have granted Seeed the right to use that trademark for the hardware, but it doesn't sound like it.

The Arduino Mega is supported by the Arduino IDE (with the new version 15 available today).  The ArduinoMega uses a ATmega1280, not a mega128.

Seeed is not the developer of it, there are merely one of the distributors; and one of the first to put it up on their store.  nkcelectronics.com also is selling it.

halley

33Warlord, I read further back in the thread and found the earlier comments.  I stand corrected.  But it still sounds like the release was a bit botched by mis-coordination.

Go Up